- Solana smart contract creation process
- What are the benefits of developing smart contracts on Solana?
- How to choose a Solana blockchain development company
- Final thoughts
Developers deploy a Solana smart contract in the Solana blockchain network. Solana’s digital agreements framework differs from the standard EVM-backed networks. The EVM-enabled contracts incorporate logic and state into an agreement introduced on-chain. On the other hand, a Solana smart contract is always in a state of read-only and has program logic.
A business that uses a Solana smart contract enjoys multiple benefits. First, the Solana contract uses Rust programming language, famous worldwide. Also, Solana smart contract development uses Proof-of-History (PoH) and Proof-of-Stake (PoS) consensus mechanisms that are environmentally friendly. Here, we explore steps you can follow in creating a Solana smart contract.
Solana smart contract creation process
The procedure of Solana smart contract development is challenging for many individuals. If you find yourself in this dilemma, it’s advisable to hire a Solana blockchain development company to help you. An experienced Solana blockchain developer has the skills and uses the latest tools to create the agreement. Here are the steps to follow to make a Solana smart contract:
1. Create an appropriate Solana development environment
The first step in Solana smart contract creation entails setting up the appropriate environment for development. Many users encounter challenges when establishing the right Solana development environment. For such developers, the best way forward is to install Anchor. Anchor is a framework that works well with Solana and has excellent development tools.
2. Set up a localnet cluster
Once you deploy the Anchor framework, you should develop a localnet cluster. A localnet is a group of validators that work in unison to retain the integrity of the blockchain and deliver customer settlements. It’s impossible to operate a Solana smart contract without a cluster. Examples of Solana clusters include testnet and Devnet.
3. Craft a program
After completing the process of setting up a localnet cluster, the next step is to craft a Solana program. You can easily prepare a new program via Anchor’s Command Line Interface (CLI). Also, you can modify your program via CLI.
4. Audit and implement the Solana smart contract
When you’re through with the process of Solana smart contract development, you should audit the agreement before deployment. With the help of Anchor, you can conduct integration tests using a different Solana development language instead of Rust. This helps eliminate errors, bugs, flaws, and vulnerabilities. Once you’re through with the testing, you can deploy your Solana smart contract.
What are the benefits of developing smart contracts on Solana?
Whether you engage in Solana NFT development or provide decentralized fiancé services, you can enjoy multiple benefits if you choose Solana blockchain. Here are the benefits of developing digital agreements on Solana:
- High speed: high transaction speed is one attribute that keeps attracting many Solana development projects. The platform can handle over 50,000 transactions per second (TPS), making it one of the fastest platforms in the market.
- Low cost: platform users incur transaction costs in the form of gas fees. These costs vary from one platform to another. Many people prefer Solana smart contract development because of its low transaction costs.
- No network congestion: Solana platform lacks a mempool, a section where dispensed transactions wait before approval by the concerned network. The lack of mempool in Solana saves time and eliminates the issue of network congestion. So, you can complete your Solana NFT and other transactions quickly and keep the customer’s time.
- Environmentally friendly: Solana nft development utilizes PoH and PoS agreement approaches that are green.
- Enhanced openness and safety: Rust is an essential Solana development language with enhanced security. Furthermore, Solana uses Byzantine Fault Tolerance technology that boosts the platform’s openness.
How to choose a Solana blockchain development company
Although multiple developers exist, finding the best Solana blockchain development company is challenging. While many options offer you broad choices, they can complicate the search process. So, you need to know how to choose a Solana blockchain developer. Here are the things to consider when evaluating a Solana smart contract developer:
Developing a Solana solution requires extensive knowledge and skills. Developers should possess vast knowledge in various areas like Solana NFT creation, DeFi, GameDev, and decentralized autonomous organizations.
A simple technique to understand the experience of a developer is to study their previous projects. For example, if you’re looking for a Solana NFT smart contract developer, evaluate such projects in their previous projects.
Knowledge of cybersecurity
The blockchain world has its fair share of security issues, such as hacking, data leaks, and asset theft. So, security should be your priority when assessing a Solana blockchain development company.
The Solana blockchain development company you choose has a team of engineers who will work on your project. You should check whether the company has talent that will deliver all the aspects of your task. If you want to know the experience of each team member, it’s vital to check on social networking sites like LinkedIn. Here are the skills to analyze when assessing a team:
Knowledge of programming language
The primary Solana development language is Rust. So, ensure that the team members you’re evaluating understand the language well. Also, developers should understand other languages, such as C and C++, which are vital in smart contract development.
Knowledge of Solana frameworks
Before you pick a developer, ensure that they understand Anchor, the leading framework in Solana.
Understand how to use the Sealevel tool
A critical tool in Solana contract development is the Sealevel tool. The device can run multiple parallel digital agreements, making Solana a trendy network.
Solana smart contracts are popular because the Solana network is cost-effective, lacks congestion, and processes multiple transactions per second. Developers follow various steps to create Solana’s digital agreements. The first step is to create a Solana development environment by installing Anchor. After implementing Anchor, developers should create a localnet comprising validators that retain the integrity of the transactions and complete them. Once you establish the localnet, you should begin building the smart contracts. The final step is to audit and implement the completed Solana smart contract.