- Why Solana NFT is popular
- Why you should create a Solana NFT marketplace
- How to create a Solana NFT project
- Final Thoughts
Solana NFT is built on the Solana platform, which is fast and affordable. The network is popular among the NFT and DeFi diehards, who require prompt and cheap blockchain solutions. Solana NFT development keeps attracting young, energetic groups of developers and artists looking to develop new projects on the decentralized ledger. The platform operates on a mixture of Proof-of-Stake (PoS) and Proof-of-History (PoH).
By integrating the platform’s PoH with the high speed of PoS, Solana drastically raises the pace of settlements. And this property draws groups of developers who want to build scalable decentralized apps and NFT projects. Are you trying to figure out the key benefits to enjoy by embracing Solana NFT development? Here, we explore the critical perks of Solana NFT marketplace development.
Why Solana NFT is popular
Solana is designed to overcome the limitations of legacy blockchains, like Ethereum and blockchain. Here are the key perks of a Solana blockchain:
- Proof-of-History consensus mechanism: Solana’s use of PoH agreement comes with a high transaction rate per second (TPS). Currently, Solana transacts over 60,000 settlements per second. Besides high throughput, Solana’s transaction fee is less than a dollar at the moment. Furthermore, the combination of PoH and PoS attenuates technical hitches.
- Cheaper and quick minting of NFTs: Most people prefer the Solana network because it supports more affordable and fast NFT minting. Also, royalties in a Solana NFT marketplace are higher than those on Ethereum-based marketplaces.
- Attractive marketplace: The features mentioned above have made the Solana NFT platform attractive to both creators and collectors. According to The Block, Solana NFT sales volume was over $1billion by the end of January 2022.
Why you should create a Solana NFT marketplace
Now that you’ve known the perks of the Solana NFT platform let’s focus on the benefits that you can reap by developing a Solana NFT marketplace.
Transactions per second (TPS)
The Solana network can handle nearly 2500 transactions per second. Users prefer the platform because of its exceedingly high speed, which lets settlements be completed promptly on any NFT platform. Due to its high processing speed, the Solana NFT platform is the perfect platform for the latest use cases, like Metaverse and NFT gaming.
Cost per settlement
Because of the low transaction fee and high scalability, creating Solana NFT on the platform is cheaper. Its minting attracts a paltry $0.00025.
No Mempool problem
Mempool is a section where processed settlements wait before being approved. The issue of Mempool doesn’t affect Solana, leading to prompt Solana NFT transactions.
A growing ecosystem
The Solana environment keeps growing, making it possible to handle numerous decentralized apps and any Solana smart contract. Furthermore, the platform suffers no congestion issues when processing any amount of information.
Programming is straightforward
The Solana decentralized ledger uses the Rust app, which is simple to program and allows the development of multiple apps. It’s a versatile network for developing NFT platforms, dApps, and other products.
The objective of creating Solana in 2017 was to scale up censorship resistance, expand transaction throughput, and reduce cost. Solana uses a hybrid of Proof-of-History and Proof-of-Stake to boost its scalability. As a result of these technologies, the Solana platform is ultrafast and processes over 50,000 settlements per second.
Solana connects seamlessly with other popular decentralized finance (DeFi) networks through a wormhole. The wormhole is a messaging bridge between Solana and other networks. Through the bridge, platforms, projects, and communities move their tokenized assets flawlessly across decentralized ledgers. Their objective is to enjoy Solana’s fast speed and affordable costs.
Solana’s unique features like affordable fees, ultrafast speeds, and interoperability enable the creation of a highly liquid marketplace.
The Solana NFT marketplace is highly composable, allowing users to innovate with their virtual assets. Users can easily incorporate NFTs, bidding, and trading through the composability feature.
Solana’s environment is growing faster.
Although Ethereum leads the pack in hosting many virtual contracts, dApps, and NFTs, the platform has price, scalability, and speed issues. On the other hand, the Solana network overcomes the problems mentioned above. Thus, the platform has become famous for Solana smart contract pieces, dApps, and Solana NFT. So, many developers offer Solana smart contract development services to leverage the perks of Solana.
Solana is a greener environment.
The main challenge with many legacy blockchains is that they employ the Proof-of-Work (PoW) consensus mechanism associated with high computing power. Keeping a PoW network increases energy uptake, contributing to carbon emissions. The Solana marketplace uses a proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism, 99.9% more power-efficient than PoW. This implies that Solana is friendly to the environment.
Solana Smart Contracts have multiple perks.
Solana smart contract development comes with multiple benefits. Here are the key perks of Solana contract development:
- Launching a Solana smart contract and decentralized apps is cheaper.
- Solana contract development allows developers to use compilers to port their virtual agreements.
- Developers can customize their products.
- App developers can alter the code of Solana contract development according to their needs.
How to create a Solana NFT project
If you intend to launch your NFT project, the Solana platform can be the best ecosystem to inaugurate it. Thanks to the platform’s low fees and high settlement speed, Solana NFT is one of the best non-fungible tokens for creators and collectors. Here are the steps to follow in developing a Solana NFT:
- Assessment and documenting of requirements: You need to have in-depth knowledge about the kind of Solana NFT you want to create. It would help if you also articulated the needs for design, workings, and outside incorporations. You also need to think about the legal elements at this point.
- Look for a development company: Once you figure out the product you want to develop, you should start looking for a developer who can launch the concept in code. Because you want to create a Solana NFT, you need to look for a partner with experience in various fields, including blockchain, DeFi, and NFTs. It’s essential to evaluate the portfolio of a company you want to hire. This gives you an idea about the quality of products they develop.
- Development of UI: A unique UX and UI assure you of your project’s success. So, your digital collectibles should feature a straightforward and intuitive interface.
- Writing program code: At this step, the developer writes the code of virtual agreements, connects wallets that support NFTs, and implements Back- and Front-end parts of your product. The developer should create the mobile version of your product and other related components, like API and SDK.
- Product testing: Here, you test the product to identify bugs and fix them before the launch.
- Deployment: Once you move from the testing stage, your product is ready for launch. The mobile app is published on various platforms, like App Store and Amazon App Store. At this stage, you should list the project’s token on multiple exchanges.
While Ethereum is a popular network for NFTs, dApps, and other projects, the network has problems related to scalability, pricing, and transaction processing. On the other hand, the Solana network is ultrafast, cheap, and scalable. So, if you have an NFT project, you need to consider the blockchain.