When it comes to cryptocurrency marketing, it’s your followers and fans who yield influence. People today choose to trust a crypto influencer while making their next investment. That is why crypto startups should explore influencer marketing to promote their projects.
Influencer marketing campaigns increased in 2020, and that perk has carried through to this year. According to a recent report, 75% of brands want to preserve a budget for influencer marketing in 2021.
Who are Crypto Influencers?
Crypto influencers are essential for your brand community. They represent a group of people with a strong interest in the project. Crypto influencers are people who are willing and ready to support your project. They believe in the project. When they tell their audience that your project is terrific, they listen. That is why you need influencers to take your project to the next level. They become a part of the brand itself nowadays. They engage with your product in ways beyond making a purchase.
Top Crypto Influencers
The top crypto influencers are public figures who can almost single-handedly change Crypto value overnight. Here’s a list of the top crypto influencers with the power to make or break cryptocurrency.
1. Satoshi Nakamoto
In the traditional sense, Satoshi is not an influencer. However, his name carries weight. We see numerous people claiming to be him. However, he has generally steered clear of any interventions to the Bitcoin market.
2. John McAfee
The highly controversial John McAfee was one of the first public figures to wield his influence to affect cryptocurrency prices. McAfee used his vast social media following to promote cryptocurrencies, such as Dogecoin and Reddcoin. In October 2020, he was arrested in Spain on tax charges. McAfee was also later charged with running a cryptocurrency “pump-and-dump” scheme.
3. Elon Musk
Elon Musk still holds huge sway over the public and the crypto market, even though many of his former fans have turned against him. The founder of SpaceX and Tesla boasts an enormous Twitter following of 57.8 million. Hence, it’s no surprise that his tweets carry substantial weight. Unfortunately for crypto investors, Musk’s tweets were often erratic. One day he’s promoting a coin and shooting it down tomorrow. In the beginning, he was a big fan of Bitcoin. He had significantly increased its value by publicly promoting it. However, he later sent Bitcoin plummeting, when he voiced his concerns about the ecological impact of crypto mining. He was later accused of manipulating the market.
4. Vitalik Buterin
Vitalik never aims to be an “influencer”. Nevertheless, when this man speaks, people listen. Vitalik Buterin is best known for the creation of Ethereum. Nonetheless, he is one of the most visionary minds in the crypto world.
5. Justin Sun
Following Justin on Twitter is more like joining a rolling daily email marketing list. Nonetheless, he holds serious weight in the Tron community.
Top Crypto Twitter Influencers
The main focus on Twitter is to increase organically the number of your followers and make them engage around the project. But if you aim to grow much quicker, then don’t miss out on these top crypto influencers on Twitter.
- Antony Pompliano (@APompliano): As one of the earliest and most prominent voices in peaching Bitcoin, Antony Pompliano has created a name for himself. You can find him often speaking at cryptocurrency conferences, and on TV shows like CNBC.
- Tone Vays (@ToneVays): With nearly 200k followers and a popular YouTube Channel, Tone has become the Twitter heart of crypto trading.
- Erik Voorhees (@ErikVoorhes): Erik is one of the first “crypto-preneur” , who invests in Bitcoin long before it goes viral. He has been involved in countless crypto organizations. He is most famously as the CEO of ShapeShift.
- Girl Gone Crypto (@Girlgone_Crypto): Seeing how this girl manages to put out such incredible Twitter content on such a consistent basis is quite amazing. If you need to choose one crypto Twitter influencer to engage for your project, this is the one.
- CryptoCobain (@CryptoCobain): Specializing in memes and shitposting, Cryptocobain is the self-proclaimed founder of Crypto Twitter.
Top YouTube Crypto Influencers
There is increasing demand for video content. Crypto companies can benefit from that by working with YouTube influencers. Here are the top YouTube crypto influencers.
- Ivan on Tech: Ivan Liljeqvist is the face behind the popular “Ivan on Tech” YouTube channel. His channel focuses on the cryptocurrency sector from a technology angle. In addition, they publish incredibly well-researched content, and explain in an easy-to-understand way. Thais puts him right towards to top, in terms of top YouTube crypto influencers to engage.
- Altcoin Daily: The team behind Altcoin Daily focuses on creating an insightful crypto content. Their content speak to everyone, including blockchain beginners or experts.
- Doug Polk: A successful YouTube influencer, Polk recently launched a new channel that focuses on crypto. The best part is that Polk is always lining up top-notch guests for some thoughtful crypto discussions.
- Ian Balina: An analyst who is now using his analytic skills and abilities to find the best blockchain startups in the market.
- The Crypto Lark: Lark combines his political science background, critical thinking skills, and a deep sense of humor to produce content that explores blockchain solutions.
Top Crypto Influencers Instagram
Here at TokenMinds, we are fortunate enough to work with some incredibly talented crypto influencers on Instagram. Here is a list of top personalities on Instagram to engage for your influencer campaigns.
- ShareCrypto: If you prefer to get your crypto news via Instagram, look no further than ShareCrypto. The popular Instagram account posts the latest updates in the crypto market in a quick and easy-to-read format.
- CryptoBrekkie: CryptoBrekkie, popularly known as the creator of “Blockchain and Morty”. He is a Los Angeles-based crypto content creator.
- BitBoy_Crypto: BitBoy is another well-known crypto influencer on Instagram with a strong following. His fans, collectively called the Bit Squad, are known as the most loyal groups in crypto.
- YoungDumbCrypto: The dynamic duo of crypto, YoungDumbCrypto, puts out highly entertaining content to the delight of their fans. The group is well-entrenched in the cryptocurrency space. Additionally, the duo offers great insight into the “behind the scenes” content.
- CryptoWendyO: Wendy kills it when it comes to crypto interviews. She is a great source of information from the top minds in crypto. Similarly, she publishes weekly trading shows on YouTube and posts several videos to TikTok and Instagram daily.
- CryptoExplorer: One of the fastest-growing crypto accounts on Instagram. He always focuses on news, memes, and inspiration.
Find Crypto Influencers
You can find crypto influencers to promote your projects on channels like Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
More importantly, it is necessary for crypto brands to partner with both micro and nano-influencers whose profile suits their projects.
- A macro-influencer is a very well-known influencer who has hundreds of thousands to over a million followers. Think of Vitalin Buterik, Elon Musk, etc.
- Micro-influencers have anywhere between 1 000 to one million followers. These are not celebrities known but experts in their respective niches. This usually includes crypto enthusiasts, crypto news websites, and traders.
- A nano-influencer is defined as an influencer with between 1 000 and 10 000 followers. These audiences are niche and highly engaged. They take any recommendations seriously.
- While macro-influencers are the best for attracting the top of investors, it is micro and nano-influencers who have impacts on actual investing decisions.
Crypto Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing for crypto companies has proven to be one of the most effective methods for reaching highly engaged crypto audiences. With crypto influencer marketing, most people are willing to listen because there is an incentive. That makes it a powerful tool to reach your target audience.
When working with a crypto influencer marketing agency, be sure to pay based on post engagement. Post engagement tends to provide a more accurate view of that influencer’s audience. Plus, you want users to interact because that drives the desired action (like landing page visits, posts shares, and likes).
Another point to keep in mind is the content. Because influencer marketing is relatively new, we advise our clients to create content that feels authentic or organic to specific crypto communities. The key to success with any influencer marketing, however, is that influencers are themselves. That means brands need to build up trust with the influencers they work with.
If you need to build a highly engaged community for crowdfunding success, consider hiring crypto marketing experts rather than going it alone. TokenMinds is a reputable crypto marketing agency that has built large communities for some of the most successful blockchain companies. TokenMinds works with influencers across all sizes, and as such offers influencer marketing services that fit your goals.